Monday, September 28, 2009

Matthew 1

vs. 20: "...he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him..."

Joseph was in his right to divorce Mary (Duet 24:1; Matt 5:32) based on the physical, human-level evidence of infidelity but God had a purpose for this marriage that was above humanity; above Joseph and his dreams for marriage; above even the best of what we as humans see and want in marriage. God created marriage and uses it as a vehicle for his purpose as he does with everything else. What impact would/could we have in this world if we could sacrifice us for the chance that God could gain glory through the pain of our situations?

In truth, this has nothing to do with marriage per say, but it's really about God's willingness to use his creation as living resources to accomplish his intention will in this world. As living souls, we have a future beyond this body and so we can, with enough grace and faith, set aside ourselves and be used.

My struggle is that I have ideas in this mind of mine (that was created by God), of what I want to do, to accomplish, and so I fight and hoard my energies for me instead of for God or for the others he has allowed into my life (at my request even). How sad...

No comments: